Coconut mango lassi

Today, glums had arrived potent. Maybe it's the overcast, the work stress or sleepless nights recently. Perhaps Monday blues had set in a day earlier. I hadn't smile for a day. When I do, They are pretentiously fake and conversations are kept to a bare minimum of "hi"s and "hello"s. It's ones of those days when the mood swinged down on the deepest of the blue spectrum. I tried going to the gym to run it off. I ran fast and faster trying to shake the exhaustion out of my mind. That only left me even more tired. Retail therapy? That didn't quite work either. Nothings working to snap the glums away. I went home early. Canceled my dinner date with some dump excuses. Allow myself a nice luxurious long bath and change into my pajamas, made myself a sunshine drink. Found myself some time to write.

You might wonder what's bothering me? I don't know either. it's one of those moody days that overstayed. So much so that the only best thing to do next is to curled up to bed with a book and call it a day. The sun is about the set, Sunday is almost over. Hopefully tomorrow will begin with a warmer shade of orange. Good night.


 Ingredients

Serves 2 generously
2 ripe mangos
2 cups Greek or plain yogurt (Unsweetened)
½ cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
Handful of ice cubes
A pinch of cinnamon
A splash of dark rum (Optional depending how moody you are)

Directions
To remove the flesh of the mango, cut the flesh away from the pit in 2 large pieces. Use a paring knife to cut through the flesh (but not through the peel) in a crisscross grid pattern. Use your thumbs to press against the skin side and pop the mango cubes up. Cut across the bottom, along the peel and add the cubes to the blender.

Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend until thick and smooth. Pour and serve immediately.

Till next post, ss. 

Labels: , , , , , ,